Besides her creativity and expertise as interior architect, Iulia works with many professionals to deliver a complete project.
After agreeing to work together, the next step is to have a client meeting to discuss the project brief. In this part Iulia will find out what are the client’s wishes and needs and what is the budget that will be invested to have a realistic guide for interior design.
It’s important as well that the client shows Iulia some images with interiors, he/she likes, to discover the style and direction interior design will take.
In the interior design process, the space will be measured to create accurate 2D plans and 3 visual renderings.
Technical architectural plans include:
- electrical drawings, with the positioning of the lights and sockets.
- sanitary plans with the positioning of the plumbing, warm and cold water, drainage; positioning of the faucets, showers, bathtubs, spa areas, special bathroom and kitchen accessories, radiators.
Depending on the scope of the project, special technical plans will be delivered such as ISU/PSI authorization (Fire Protection and Safety) and MLPTL verification.
A well-designed project must be guided by its creator, the interior architect such as:
- Checking construction site
- Offering technical support for constructors
- Asking offers from suppliers
- Visiting suppliers with the client
- Placing orders for the client
- Checking deliveries for the client
- Guiding suppliers for furniture assembly by providing them with technical information
Get in touch with us:
Frequently asked questions about Inspired Design services
An interior architect/designer is a professional who arranges interior spaces, taking into account various criteria, including client requirements, the building, timelines, and budget.
Depending on the project's scope, an interior architect or interior designer can have several roles:
- They create an interior design concept based on the client's desires and needs. Following discussions with the client, the interior architect/designer outlines a brief, asking various questions to understand the client's preferences and needs and to define a style for the arrangement.
- The interior architect/designer creates 3D simulations (renderings) that show how the interior will look. During this time, they make selections for materials, finishes, furniture pieces, colors, textures, and lighting.
- The interior architect/designer creates technical plans, including plans with the positions of outlets and switches, lighting system plans, sanitary plans with the positions of hot/cold water and drainage points, heating system plans, and ventilation system plans. Depending on the project, various permits may be required.
- The interior architect/designer creates 2D plans for custom-made furniture and special items in the project.
- The interior architect/designer implements the project they have created, going through several steps: site supervision, organizing work stages, guiding contractors and suppliers according to the project, requesting price quotes from suppliers, placing orders, or making purchases for the client.
There are three main differences between an interior architect and an interior designer.
- Firstly, an interior architect has graduated from a specialized college or university, such as the Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism Ion Mincu in Romania, specializing in Interior Architecture.
- Secondly, an interior architect is involved in a project both in terms of interior design and technical plans, which include layouts, demolitions, and permits.
- Thirdly, an interior architect is a part of the interior architect community within the Romanian Order of Architects (OAR), which means they are knowledgeable about and adhere to the current legal regulations regarding their profession. They take professional responsibility towards clients and authorities and serve the client's interests in accordance with public interest and professional standards.
An interior designer/architect can bring you numerous benefits:
- Helps you discover the right style for your interior; transforms your space to match your needs and desires.
- Guides you in selecting the most suitable finishes, furniture pieces, and lighting systems available in the market; organizes the project steps to eliminate the stress of interior design.
- Saves you time by leveraging their experience to handle communication with all parties involved in a project; they know exactly which trusted suppliers and contractors are in the market, sparing you from endless searches for the right collaborators.
- Prevents most mistakes that can occur during an interior design project because they create a comprehensive plan that all involved parties work from, and they can make adjustments or provide solutions when needed.
The stages of working with an interior designer/architect are as follows:
- It's essential for someone seeking an interior designer/architect to review the designer's portfolio and inquire about the services they provide in a project.
- To request a quote, it's necessary to provide the designer with as much information as possible: space plans, location, what you aim to achieve in the project, the timeline, and the budget.
- After accepting the designer's proposal for their services, they will come to the location to take measurements and schedule a meeting with you to create the project brief (questionnaire).
- The interior designer/architect will present the project concept, 3D renderings, technical plans, and make any necessary modifications.
- Upon completing the interior design project, the designer/architect will begin project implementation, including on-site supervision, placing orders, and guiding all collaborators involved in the project.
Hiring an interior architect/designer can greatly benefit your interior project due to their expertise and experience in previous projects. As a result, they can save you time and money in the long run, help you avoid costly mistakes, and transform your interior into a pleasant, comfortable, and functional space.
Creating an interior design project that includes only 3D renderings can cost less than a complete renovation from scratch.
The costs of an interior design project are generally divided into the following stages:
- Interior Design
- Technical Plans
To create a quote for an interior design project, several pieces of information are required, such as space plans, location, what you aim to achieve in the project, the timeline, and the budget.
Costs can start at 500 euros and can range from several thousands to tens of thousands of euros.
An interior architect/designer is responsible for the design and planning of interior spaces. Among the main activities performed by an interior architect/designer are creating design concepts, producing sketches and architectural plans, selecting materials and furniture, and coordinating with other construction teams to ensure the project proceeds according to the established plan.
Additionally, an interior architect/designer must have a good understanding of the technical aspects of construction, such as building structure, lighting, ventilation, heating, and cooling systems. It's important for an interior architect/designer to be creative, innovative, and adaptable to the needs and preferences of their clients while staying within budget and space constraints.
Interior design is a way to create aesthetically pleasing and functional spaces. When it comes to home design, there are many interior design options, from living room interior design, apartment interior design, and bedroom interior design to luxury interior design, premium interior design, and quality interior design.
For owners of heritage homes, there is the option to choose interior design that complements the architecture and history of the building. Turnkey interiors are a popular choice for homeowners, as they eliminate the stress and time required to select and purchase suitable furniture and accessories.
For owners of older homes, interior renovations and house restorations can add value to the property and restore its historical charm. Art deco interior design and modern interior design are two popular options for homeowners seeking a more contemporary and bold look.
Regardless of your personal preferences, choosing high-quality interior design and well-executed interior arrangements can make the difference between a good home and a truly exceptional one.
An interior design studio can assist in creating an architectural plan for your home and crafting a bespoke interior design customized to your needs and preferences.
When designing your home, it's important to consider different geometric shapes and styles, such as art deco style, to create a unique and enjoyable space. Home design involves many aspects, including planning each room, including the master bedroom, and choosing the right materials, such as solid wood, to add quality and durability to the project.
Renovating an old home can be a challenge, but with the help of an interior design studio, the project can be easier and better planned. The plumbing project is an important part of the home design process and should be considered from the outset.
Arranging the bedroom, for example, must be done in accordance with the client's preferences and needs, so that it becomes a place of relaxation and rest. Ultimately, the specialist must, in addition to technical expertise in interior architecture, consider the client's needs and create a space that perfectly matches their style and taste.
Depending on the scale of the project, the interior architect/designer may collaborate with various specialists and may deliver specialized technical plans, such as the ISU/PSI (Fire Protection and Safety) permit and the MLPTL (Ministry of Public Works, Administration, and Development) verification.
The design of sanitary installations is an important part of a construction project and requires a specialized technical plan to be created. This will include plans for sanitary installations, including water and sewage networks, ventilation, and heating, as well as the electrical installations plan, which will be integrated into the overall construction plan.
To commence construction work, it is necessary to obtain an ISU (Emergency Situations Inspectorate) permit and a PSI (Fire Protection and Firefighting) permit, certifying that the project complies with safety and fire protection regulations.
Additionally, MLPAT (Ministry of Public Works, Administration, and Development) or MDRAP (Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration) verification is required to ensure that the project complies with local and national regulations. In the end, a well-conceived plan for sanitary installations will be essential for the proper functioning and safety of the construction.
The cost of hiring an interior architect/designer can vary based on several factors. The main factors that influence the cost include the level of experience of the interior designer/architect, the size and scope of the project, and its location.
It's important to note that while the cost of hiring an interior architect/designer may seem expensive, the expertise and experience of such a professional can often save you time and money in the long run. A skilled interior architect/designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and transform your interior into a pleasant, comfortable, and functional space.
Approval and authorization from the ISU are required for spaces with the following purposes:
- Commerce, with an area equal to or larger than 600 sqm or 200 sqm if the space is located in collective residential buildings.
- Public catering, with an area equal to or larger than 200 sqm.
- Offices, financial, banking, insurance, and stock exchange, with an area equal to or larger than 600 sqm.
- Health care with continuous hospitalization – regardless of the area; dispensaries and clinics with an area equal to or larger than 600 sqm.
- Education, supervision, care, or accommodation/shelter for preschool children, students, elderly people, persons with disabilities, or homeless individuals, with an area of over 150 sqm.
- Railway stations, bus stations, metro stations, with an area equal to or larger than 600 sqm.
- Cultural spaces, for areas exceeding 600 sqm.
- Parking lots with more than 10 spaces.
- Recreation centers with pools, relaxation and body maintenance services, recreational and sports activities, with an area equal to or larger than 600 sqm or 200 sqm if the space is located in collective residential buildings.
- Tourist reception units, with more than 8 rooms and/or 16 places, such as guesthouses, motels, hostels, hotels, tourist cabins, etc.
- Production or storage, with an area equal to or larger than 600 sqm or 200 sqm if the space is located in collective residential buildings.
- Sports facilities, with a minimum of 200 indoor seating places and a minimum of 1000 outdoor seating places.
- Temporary outdoor facilities with a minimum of 200 seating places for shows or gatherings or with a minimum area of 2500 sqm for commercial activities.
Thus, if the space and its purpose fall within the categories mentioned above, you need ISU approval/authorization, for which more complex documentation needs to be submitted. If the space and its purpose do not fall within the categories mentioned above, you normally do not require such an ISU authorization.
However, to be sure about this, our recommendation is to request an official written statement from the ISU, which confirms this and is called a 'negation' in the context of authorizations. It's a document you can rely on in case of ISU inspections. Moreover, the 'negation' is necessary if you apply for an operating permit from the City Hall, as municipalities issue permits based on official responses from other public institutions, including the ISU.